15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos to Frontier Abyssal Zone & Deep Jungle
15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos – Overview
The 15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos to Frontier Abyssal Zone & Deep Jungle is a comprehensive Congo Wildlife Safari package that takes you to the deep layers of Congo Equatorial Jungle to explore the Bonobos – one of our closest cousins sharing 99% of the DNA and limited in range to the Democratic Republic of Congo.
It involves return flight transfer from Kinshasa to Basankusu while the days of river cruise transfer offers authentic exploration of Congo Wilderness.
15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive in Kinshasa & transfer to the Hotel
- Day 2: Flight transfer to Basankusu
- Day 3, 4 & 5: Transfer to the Bonobo Forest
- Day 6, 7, 8 & 9: Spend time in the jungle with Bonobos
- Day 10, 11, 12 & 13: Transfer back to Basankusu
- Day 14: Day at leisure at Basankusu & do town tour
- Day 15: Transfer back to Kinshasa
15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Kinshasa & Transfer to The Hotel
After a flight from your country of origin, you land at Kinshasa Airport from where you will connect with our representative ushering you to the Democratic Republic of Congo – the Africa’s second largest nation. You will then transfer to the hotel for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Luxury / Upmarket: Kempinski Hotel Pleuve Congo
Midrange / Standard: Hotel Memling
Budget / Basic: Guesthouse Residence
Day 2: Flight Transfer to Basankusu
Following breakfast, connect to the Airport and transfer by flight to the area of Busankusu travelling with Kin Avia enjoying Ariel views of the Congo Equatorial jungle en route. Upon arrival, you spend the evening at leisure
Day 3, 4 & 5: Transfer to The Bonobo Forest
You set off for the transfer to the Bonobo forest arriving at mid day of Day 5. You start the journey in the early morning of Day 3 spending 30 – 40 hour on the water.
The cruise commences in the morning, make a lunch stop at noon and take a break from the cruise at around 4pm.
The nights are spent in the small villages under agreement with local chiefs and the food is purchased from the local markets. River Maringa stretches to 100 – 200m in width marked with a lot of sandbanks while River Lomako stretches from 5 – 15m in width marked with dense forest cover on its sides, fast water flow along with various obstacles.
Day 6, 7, 8 & 9: Spend Time in The Jungle With Bonobos
Now, you set off to the forest to explore the wild Bonobos. You depart from the camp at night so as to reach there early in the morning.
You traverse the high trees and the lush jungle and the search for the Bonobos is an exciting one. Besides the Bonobo encounter, you have possibilities of exploring Tholan’s Red Colobus (Piliocolobus Tholloni), Dryas Monkey (Cercopithecus Dryas), Black Mangabey (Lophocebus Aterrimus), Golden-Bellied Mangabey (CercocebusChrysogaster), Angolan Colobus (Colobus Angolensis), Allen’s Swamp Monkey (AllenopithecusNigroviridis) Buffalo (Syncerus Caffer), Elephant (Loxodonta Africana), Bongo (Tragelaphus Euryceros), Leopard (Panthera Pardus) and African Golden Cat (Felis Aurata). The jungle is also a rich birding destination with over 400 species of birds including high density of Congo Peafowl.
Day 10, 11, 12 & 13: Transfer Back to Basankusu
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Basankusu. You enjoy the amazing views of local villages including the Mongo tribes and a range of migrants from Ngombe tribe.
Day 14: Day at Leisure at Basankusu & Do Town Tour
You spend the day at leisure and a town walk where offices of Africa Wildlife Foundation and other NGOs can be seen. Retire for overnight
Day 15: Transfer Back to Kinshasa
You transfer by flight back to Kinshasa from where you will catch up with a connecting flight back home.
End of The 15 Days Congo Safari Tour to Wild Bonobos to Frontier Abyssal Zone & Deep Jungle
4X4 Safari Cars For Hire/Rent in Uganda
Get a premium safari vehicle for hire in Uganda from our wide range of cars available at Prime Uganda Safaris and Tours Ltd.
Take your safari in Uganda comfortably with a great choice for a long road trip or family vacation in a safari vehicle that meet your needs.
From 4X4 Land Cruisers, Land Rovers to custom omnibuses, we have a car that makes your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside a memorable one.
Our car hire is mainly based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda. (Terms and conditions apply)
General Safari Inclusions & Exclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
More posts for you
1 Day Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary Tour; Visit Ma Valle & LukayaThis is an amazing Excursion featuring a combination of Primates, Adventure and Sightseeing. The featured destinations include; Lola ya Bonobo, the Ma Valle and the Chutes du Lukaya. Bonobos are amazing primate species which...View package