3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking-Climbing Safari Trip in Congo
3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking-Climbing Safari Trip in Congo – Overview
The 3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking-Climbing Safari Trip in Congo is short Mount Nyiragongo Volcano hiking tour in Congo that gives you an opportunity to hike up to the summit of the most active Volcano.
Nyiragongo is a beautiful stratovolcano that features the world’s largest lava lake. The volcano’s forested lower slopes are home to a variety of animals, including chimpanzees, monkeys, and bushbuck. Nyiragongo’s summit rim is largely devoid of vegetation and is frequently dusted with snow.
From the rim, you can peer down into a churning lava lake and see and hear hot gases exploding up though a mosaic of molten lava.
3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking-Climbing Safari Trip in Congo – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali international Airport to Goma in Congo
- Day 2: Early Morning Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
- Day 3: Make Decent from Nyiragongo Volcano and Transfer to Kigali
3 Days Mount Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking-Climbing Safari Trip in Congo – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer From Kigali international Airport to Goma in Congo
Upon your arrival in Kigali international Airport, you will be welcomed by our professional driver guide who will transfer you to Goma, DRC.
The drive journey of 184kms about 3-4 hours without enroute stopovers to Goma is a breeze because of the excellent roads/transport in Rwanda to the border.
When you cross the border, you will start feeling the excitement of Congo. On arrival to Goma town, you will advance to the lodge to check-in, have dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Mbiza Hotel (Upmarket/Luxury), VIP Palace Goma (Mid-Range/Standard), Hotel la Versaille (Budget)
Day 2 : Early Morning Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
After breakfast, you will embark on the transfer to the mountain trailhead at Kibat Patrol Post in Nyiragongo Volcano.
Beautiful drive with Nyiragongo towering above its own lava flows from previous eruptions.
On arrival to the trail head, embark on the climb of about 5-6hours to the top of the Volcano.
You will be accompanied by two armed rangers/guides who speak English and French.
Your hike to the summit of the volcano does not only reward you with spectacular view of the flora and fauna gorgeous at lower elevations, but you also give a local person a job.
When you get high enough, the views of over an old crater to Lake Kivu are stunning. Of course, those views are nothing compared to when you reach the crater and see the lava pool inside which is simply incredible.
The night will be spent in tents on the rim of the giant crater, high above the active lava lake. Accommodation is in simple but comfortable A-frame huts on the crater edge. Warm clothes and a sleeping bag are essential as it will be very cold and windy all night.
Day 3: Make Decent From Nyiragongo Volcano And Transfer to Kigali
After an early morning breakfast, you will begin your descent by 7:00am from the summit of Nyiragongo to the head trail in Kibat Patrol Post.
Arrive at the trail head before lunch and transfer back to the lodge to have lunch and relaxation. After lunch, embark on transfer from Goma to Kigali.
On arrival to Kigali, the driver guide will drive you to your Kigali lodge or drop you to Kanombe Airport for your scheduled flight back home.
End of The 3 Days Mountain Climbing Safari Trip Nyiragongo Volcano Congo
3 Days Mountain Climbing Safari Trip Nyiragongo Volcano Congo: Safari Transportation Means
4X4 Safari Cars for hire/rent in Uganda
Get a premium safari vehicle for hire in Uganda from our wide range of cars available at Prime Uganda Safaris and Tours Ltd.
Take your safari in Uganda comfortably with a great choice for a long road trip or family vacation in a safari vehicle that meet your needs.
From 4X4 Land Cruisers, Land Rovers to custom omnibuses, we have a car that makes your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside a memorable one. Our car hire is mainly based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda. (Terms and conditions apply)
General Safari Inclusions & Exclusions
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)