8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River and Equatorial Jungle
8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River And Equatorial Jungle – Overview
The 8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River and the Equatorial Jungle is a medium safari package that starts and ends in Kinshasa the main capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The 8 Days Safari in Congo includes great deal of culture especially with the famous Pygmies – one of the great indigenous tribes of Africa, adventure exploration in the dense equatorial jungle of Congo ranked only second to Amazon in the whole world and extensive recreation along the famous Congo River.
8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River and Equatorial Jungle – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive in Kinshasa
- Day 2: Arrive in Kinshasa: Transfer by flight to Mbandaka & visit the Pygmies Community
- Day 3: Transfer to Samba with a stop at Buya & explore more pygmies
- Day 4: Canoe Paddle to Nkake Forest enjoying the beautiful views of Congo River
- Day 5: Bikoro Paddling in Lake Ntumba
- Day 6: Undertake extensive Jungle trekking
- Day 7: Transfer back to Mbandaka
- Day 8: Transfer by flight back to Kinshasa
8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River and Equatorial Jungle – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Kinshasa
Following a flight from your country of origin, you land at Kinshasa where you will be welcomed by our representative before transferring to the respective hotel for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Luxury / Upmarket: Kempinski Hotel Pleuve Congo
Midrange / Standard: Hotel Memling
Budget / Basic: Guesthouse Residence
Day 2: Arrive in Kinshasa: Transfer by Flight to Mbandaka & Visit The Pygmies Community
Embark on a flight transfer to Mbandaka city along the famous Congo River enjoying the remarkable Arial views of the River which stands as the second largest in terms of discharge in the whole world.
Upon arrival, you are picked up in a 4X4 to Ihema 29km where you will be treated to a courteous welcome by the Village chief and the locals amidst traditional dances.
You enjoy the cultural and natural wonders of area and stands as a perfect gateway to explore the authentic African landscapes. Retire for overnight
Accommodation: Nina River Hotel
Day 3: Transfer to Samba With a Stop at Buya & Explore More Pygmies
Following breakfast, you set off at 8am and transfer to Samba making a stop en route in Buya where a small pygmy village is explored learning more of their way of life. The time is spent exploring the pygmy wooden sculpture and the traditional clothes.
Day 4: Canoe Paddle to Nkake Forest Enjoying The Beautiful Views of Congo River
Following breakfast, you set off to Nkake taking a five (5) hour canoe paddling experience exploring the amazing vegetation in the ancient tropical jungle of Congo. Tastes of vegetables, fruit among others are available along this adventure transfer.
Day 5: Bikoro Paddling in Lake Ntumba
Following breakfast, undertake a two (2) hour Bikoro paddling using a pirogue along the calm tributary of River Congo on Lake Ntumba. The chances of viewing forest pygmies exist before returning for relaxation and overnight
Day 6: Undertake Extensive Jungle Trekking
Following breakfast at Bikoro, you embark on the drive to penetrate the virgin jungle of IRES which is an animal protection area with a range of Congo Safari attractions such as a center for climatology and research and a station for ecology study of tropical flora and fauna.
Undertake a guided excursion in the lush jungle of the protected area gaining possible sights of birds and animals. Settle for a traditional Congolese dinner in the evening.
Day 7: Transfer Back to Mbandaka
Set off after breakfast at 7am and transfer to Mbandaka enjoying good scenery before approaching in the evening settling for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Accommodation: Nina River Hotel
Day 8: Transfer by Flight Back to Kinshasa
Transfer by flight back to Kinshasa from where you can catch up with a connecting flight back home.
End of The 8 Days Congo Safari to Pygmies, Congo River and Equatorial Jungle
Safari Transportation Means
Safari Cars For Hire/Rent in Uganda
Get a premium safari vehicle for hire in Uganda from our wide range of cars available at Prime Uganda Safaris and Tours Ltd.
Take your safari in Uganda comfortably with a great choice for a long road trip or family vacation in a safari vehicle that meet your needs.
From 4X4 Land Cruisers, Land Rovers to custom omnibuses, we have a car that makes your safari in Uganda’s Parks and Rural countryside a memorable one. Our car hire is mainly based on limited mileage and applies to travel within Uganda. (Terms and conditions apply)
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
More posts for you
1 Day Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary Tour; Visit Ma Valle & LukayaThis is an amazing Excursion featuring a combination of Primates, Adventure and Sightseeing. The featured destinations include; Lola ya Bonobo, the Ma Valle and the Chutes du Lukaya. Bonobos are amazing primate species which...View package