1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour – Overview
1 Day Rwanda gorilla tour is organized for travelers on Rwanda Safaris but with limited time to spend on the safari.
The short excursion starts by transferring from Kigali to Volcanoes national Park, were mountain gorilla trekking is done and ends with late evening transfer from the park to Kigali -the Capital City of Rwanda.
We encourage our potential travelers to book a lodge in nearby Musanze province were Volcanoes national park is located to avoid getting exhausted since waking up very early at 4.30am to prepare and take breakfast before embarking on transfer to the park headquarters is a bit challenging. However we have successfully made this one day Rwanda gorilla excursion success.
1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour – Detailed Itinerary
One day Rwanda gorilla tour starts very early morning in your Kigali place of stay, where you will be picked up by the driver guide as early as 5:00am and embark on transfer distance of 90kms about 2-3 hours to Volcanoes national park in Musanzi province.
The interesting drive will take you through impressive landscape scenery dotted with local settings and populations.
On arrival to the park, you will drive direct to the park’s headquarters to catch –up with an early morning briefing at 7:30am- 8:00am local time about the dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park.
While at the park headquarters, you will be divided in groups of eight people who are allowed to trek one habituated gorilla group.
After briefing, while at the park headquarters, you will meet other trekkers and you will be divided into groups of eight individuals who are only allowed to trek one specific habituated Gorilla family.
After briefing, an experienced ranger guide will lead you to the trail heads where thrilling gorilla trekking experience starts from.
You will enter in the stunning, hilly volcanoes park to begin hiking the hills and slopping the valleys when looking for the unique species of the mountain gorillas inhabited in the famous Volcanoes National Park.
The trek can take you between 2-8 hours to encounter the mountain gorillas and once up close, you will be allowed to spend one magical hour with these stunning apes.
During this time you can decide to sit down listen to gorilla crumble, study how these apes go about their daily activities and you can take as many photos as possible.
When the one hour is done, you will walk back to the park headquarters and embark on transfer drive back to Kigali.
On arrival to Kigali, the driver guide will drive you direct to your Kigali place of stay or drop you to Kanombe airport for your departure flight back home if it is on schedule.
End of The 1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)