3 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari Akagera National Park
3 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari Akagera National Park – Overview
The 3 Days Rwanda Wildlife Safari Akagera National Park is a short wildlife safari which offers you perfect encounter of the most scenic savanna parks in East Africa- Akagera national park in eastern Rwanda.
Akagera National Park is the largest protected area in Rwanda with broad expanses of Savannah vegetation dotted with stunning Lakes including Lake Ihema – Rwanda’s second largest fresh water body, Lake Shakani, Lake Rwanyakizinga among others with Akagera River flowing through to form the Akagera river line system.
This varied Eco-system supports populations of wildlife including; elephants, Elands, Waterbucks, Zebra, Buffalo, Giraffe, Nile crocodiles, Hippos, Antelopes, leopard, among other unique wildlife species.
3 Days Wildlife Safari Akagera National Park – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali international Airport and Afternoon Kigali City Tour.
- Day 2: Transfer to Akagera National Park and do boat cruise, Behind the Scenes experience.
- Day 3: Do early morning game drive and Transfer to Kigali.
3 Days Wildlife Safari Rwanda Akagera National Park – Highlights
Day 1: Arrival in Kigali International Airport and Afternoon Kigali City Tour.
On arrival at the airport, you will be received by our experienced driver guide who will transfer you to your lodge in Kigali Capital City for relaxation and lunch.
After lunch, embark on an afternoon City Tour. The city tour will take you through Gisozi genocide memorial center where you will have time to listen to the comprehensive history of Rwanda during the 1994 genocide and the events of the massacres, including personal accounts.
You will view the Photographs, video clips, and artifacts of the genocide. After touring the site, you will proceed to other attractive sites within the city and after exploring the unique attractions within Kigali City, retire back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodations: Kigali Serena Hotel (Luxury/Upmarket), Hotel chez Lando (Mid-Range/Standard), Hotel Okapi (Budget)
Day 2: Transfer to Akagera National Park and Do Boat Cruise, Behind The Scenes Experience.
Following your early morning breakfast, embark on transfer from Kigali to Akagera Nation Park 130kms about 2-3hours drive.
The drive to the eastern part of Rwanda is very fascinating as it will take you through impressive landscape scenery dotted with natural setting and local populations.
On arrival to the park, you will drive to your lodge to check-in, have lunch, relaxation as you wait for an afternoon Boat trips along the shores of Lake Ihema, Rwanda’s second largest lake.
After lunch and relaxation, embark on an afternoon boat trip which will give you the opportunity to get close to the plentiful water birds species including African fish eagles, open-billed stork marabou stork, cormorants, crowned cranes, egrets and herons among others.
The boat trip will also only reward you with the encounters of the wild game like Hippos, Nile Crocodiles, elephants, Buffaloes when they are drinking on the lake side.
After the boat trip, you will drive back to the park head Quarters for Behind the Scenes experience. Here you will get more insights into Akagera, including conservation developments within the park, take a ‘Behind Scenes’ tour of the park headquarters which enables you to meet some of the people integral to the management of the park. Retire back to your lodge for dinner and overnight after the activity.
Accommodation: Akagera game Lodge (Luxury), Ruzizi Tented Lodge (Mid-Range), Shakani Campsite (Budget).
Day 3: Do Early Morning Game Drive and Transfer to Kigali.
After an early morning cup of coffee, embark on an early morning game drive along a well-designed network of tracks.
The early morning game drive will offer you possibilities of encountering early morning wildlife risers when they are starting their normal day activities like looking for food and you may also confront the nocturnal wildlife species when they are retiring back to their hiding grounds.
The variety of wildlife that you stand pretty chance to watch include elephants, buffalo, zebra, bush baby, hippos, crocodiles among other mammal species.
On rare occasions, one can see species such as leopard, lion and black Rhino. As one of the most scenic savanna parks in East Africa, the game drive in Akagera will provide you pretty opportunity to see gentle hills blending in beautifully lowland swamps and water bodies.
After enjoying the fascinating game drive, you will retire to the lodge for relaxation, lunch and thereafter embark on transfer to Kigali Capital City.
Upon your arrival to the City, you will be driven to your Kigali play of stay or Kigali international Airport for your onward flight back home.
End 3 The Days Wildlife Safari Rwanda Akagera National Park
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)