3 Days Mount Karisimbi Volcano Hike in Rwanda Mountain Climbing Safaris
3 Days Mount Karisimbi Volcano Hike in Rwanda – Overview
The 3 days Mount Karisimbi volcano hike in Rwanda Mountain Climbing Safaris is short interesting safari package that gives you an opportunity to hike all the thrilling peaks of the Karisimbi Mountain -the fifth highest mountain of Africa.
The 3 days hiking safari will enable you to explore the highest peak of the eight volcanoes in the Virunga Mountains. Rising to 4.507 m, is a huge dome, now dormant, that dominates the range, more in girth than in height. The 3 days safari will start and end in Kigali Capital city of Rwanda.
3 Days Mount Karisimbi Volcano Hike in Rwanda – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive at Kanombe International Airport and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Hiking Karisimbi Volcano
- Day 3: Hike to the Summit and Descend down
3 Days Mount Karisimbi Volcano Hike in Rwanda – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive at Kanombe International Airport and Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Upon your arrival at Kanombe International Airport, you will be welcomed by our experienced driver guide who will later transfer you to Volcanoes national Park-home of five Virunga Mountains and Mountain gorillas.
The transfer drive of 90kms about 1-2hours drive without stopovers from Kanombe airport to Volcanoes national park will take you through impressive landscape decorated with local setting and local population.
On arrival to the park, you will drive direct to your pre-booked lodge to check in, have dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Sabinyo silverback lodge (Luxury/Upmarket), Mountain Gorilla View Lodge (Mid-range/Standard),Muhavura Hotel (Basic/Budget)
Day 2: Hiking Karisimbi Volcano
Following your early morning breakfast, embark on a strenuous but highly rewarding hike of 6 hours. You will climb via the Bisoke side, trekking through some very thick jungle surrounded by stunning scenery.
Along the trail, you may enjoy the views of different bird species as well as primate species surviving in the natural habitat of Kaisimbi Volcano.
Upon your arrival at an altitude of 3700m, you will set up your tent, have dinner and camp.
Day 3: Hike To The Summit and Descend down
After an early morning breakfast, you will embark on an hour’s hike to the summit of Mountain Karisimbi.
The ascent proves to be very steep and at times the trail goes through very thick jungle.
From around 4000m you may start to feel the altitude and would be nice if you pace yourselves accordingly.
Feeling the altitude may slow down your progress to the summit but you finally emerge from the thick vegetation to a relatively straight forward final ascent to the summit, which is characterized by a lot of loose rock and fine volcanic ash.
While on top, you will enjoy the amazing views of the surrounding areas, Mountain Muhabura, which is an extinct volcano on the border between Rwanda and Uganda.
After enjoying your time on the summit, descend back to the camp at 3700m then headed back down to the park gate – this decent takes about 6 hours.
On arrival to the trail head, you will drive to the lodge for late lunch. After lunch, embark on transfer drive from Volcanoes Park to Kigali Capital City.
You will arrival in Kigali late evening like at 7pm to 8 pm and the driver guide will drive you to your pre-booked lodge /hotel or to Kanombe International Airport for your onward flight back home.
End of The 3 Days Mount Karisimbi Volcano Hike in Rwanda.
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)