2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga National Park, Gorilla Tour Trip to DR. Congo
2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga – Overview
The 2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga National Park is a short Dr. Congo gorilla safari tour trip specially designed for the travelers who are set to do some diplomatic or volunteer work in Goma City.
The Safari commences from Kigali Rwanda and ends in Goma City Congo involving remarkable sightseeing in Rwanda, the views of Lake Kivu and the encounter with the critically endangered Mountain Gorillas in Virunga National Park in Congo.
2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga National Park, Gorilla Tour Trip to DR. Congo – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive in Kigali Rwanda & transfer to Congo’s Virunga National Park
- Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking and drop off in Goma Rwanda-Kigali, Gisenyi, Ruhengeri.
2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga Details – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Kigali Rwanda & Transfer to Congo’s Virunga National Park
You land at the Kigali International Airport – the main gateway to Rwanda where you will meet the safari guide to usher you in the land of a thousand hills and embark on the transfer to Congo’s Virunga National Park 184km about 3 ½ – 4 hours drive exploring the amazing scenery of Rwandan hill sides.
You secure the Congo Visa at Goma and change vehicles connecting to the lodge in Virunga for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Upmarket / Luxury: Mikeno Lodge
Midrange / Standard: Bukima Tented Camp
Budget / Basic: Hotel Cape Kivu / Ihusi Hotel at Goma
Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking And Drop Off in Goma / Rwanda-Kigali, Gisenyi, Ruhengeri.
After breakfast at Bukima Tented Camp-located at the tracking point/Mikeno Lodge-1 hrs drive to Bukima tracking point or Ihusi Hotel at Goma-2 hrs drive to Bukima, you gather at the starting point for the Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Virunga National Park Congo.
After briefing by the park rangers, you set off to the jungle perched on the slopes of the Virunga Volcanoes traversing the rugged landscapes in search of the Mountain Gorillas that are critically endangered world over.
The trek may last about three (3) hours after which you come across the gentle giants thriving in their natural habitats.
The actual viewing is as well limited to one hour for conservation purposes like in other Mountain Gorilla Trekking destinations presenting impressive picturesque opportunities and lasting moments with these long-lost cousins. Retire from the activity and the drop off will be in Goma City/Rwanda towns.
End of the 2 Days Congo Gorilla Safari to Virunga National Park
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary.
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
More posts for you
1 Day Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary Tour; Visit Ma Valle & LukayaThis is an amazing Excursion featuring a combination of Primates, Adventure and Sightseeing. The featured destinations include; Lola ya Bonobo, the Ma Valle and the Chutes du Lukaya. Bonobos are amazing primate species which...View package