2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park, Short Congo Gorilla Safari Trip
2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park, Short Congo Gorilla Safari Trip – Overview
The 2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park is a short DR Congo Gorilla Safari Tour Trip to see Lowland Gorillas in Congo Africa, starting in either Kigali or Gisenyi and ends in Gisenyi Rwanda.
It is a perfect mini break Congo Gorilla Safari holiday trip that do not only offer an opportunity to track the Eastern Lowland Gorillas thriving in Kahuzi Biega National Park but also presents a recreational boat transfer on Lake Kivu – one of the Great Lakes of Africa.
The sights of the dense Congo Equatorial jungle and the Kahuzi and Biega Volcanoes supplement the primary activity to generate ultimate Africa Safari memories.
2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park, Short Congo Gorilla Safari Trip – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali / Gisenyi to Bukavu by boat across by Lake Kivu
- Day 2: Do Eastern Lowland Gorilla Trekking & transfer to back to Gisenyi
2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park, Short Congo Gorilla Safari Trip – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer From Kigali / Gisenyi to Bukavu by Boat Across by Lake Kivu
Transfer after breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali driving 358km about 3 ½ hour’s drive to Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu.
You enjoy the beautiful scenery of Rwandan Hillsides that earned the destination Rwanda a dub of the land of a thousand hills with good opportunities for photo shoots.
Upon reaching Gisenyi, you transfer by boat to Bukavu Congo. You enjoy the amazing Islands of Lake Kivu and its expanse water mass which is an experience of its own. You connect to the hotel and spend the remaining part of the day at leisure.
Accommodation: Orchid Safari Lodge / Hotel Horizon
Day 2: Do Eastern Lowland Gorilla Trekking & Transfer to Back to Gisenyi
Wake up early in the morning for breakfast after which you gather at the starting point for the low land gorilla trekking in Kahuzi Biega National Park.
After the briefing by the park staff, you set off to the lush equatorial jungle and the Volcanoes in search of the Eastern Lowland Gorilla Sub species.
The trek through the forest lasts for about four (4) hours inclusive of one (1) magical hour with the Gorillas thriving in their natural habitats. Unlike the Mountain Gorillas, the Eastern Lowland Gorillas are larger in size with gigantic hands, short muzzle and stocky body presenting a more exciting experience. Retreat from the activity and connect back to Gisenyi Rwanda by boat transfer on Lake Kivu.
End of The 2 Days Congo Lowland Gorilla Trekking Safari to Kahuzi Biega National Park
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
More posts for you
1 Day Lola ya Bonobo Sanctuary Tour; Visit Ma Valle & LukayaThis is an amazing Excursion featuring a combination of Primates, Adventure and Sightseeing. The featured destinations include; Lola ya Bonobo, the Ma Valle and the Chutes du Lukaya. Bonobos are amazing primate species which...View package